Wedding Ring Finger On Left Or Right Hand
Wearing your wedding ring on your left ring finger stems from an old belief that it contained a vein that connected to the heart an edict that england s king edward vi made official during the 16th century.
Wedding ring finger on left or right hand. In fact before the 1700s people frequently wore their wedding rings on their right ring fingers. Similarly signet rings worn on the pinky finger are also associated with marital status. In countries like poland greece india and colombia the wedding band belongs on the right hand not the left.
Legal spouses wear the wedding ring on their left or right hand which largely depends on the accepted traditions or religion. A band on the right fourth finger indicates engagement while a band on the left fourth finger indicates marriage. The ancient romans were the first to wear the wedding ring on the right hand.
Turkey and lebanon nationals traditionally wear the ring on the right hand for the wedding and switch it to the left after the wedding. Wedding traditions of the jewish community dictate the wedding ring to be slipped on the bride s index finger during event. But you re also welcome to.
Why the wedding ring is worn on the ring finger when betrothed the ring is not put on the ring finger by accident and the inhabitants of ancient egypt are also guilty. Not all cultures believe that the wedding ring should be placed on the left hand. In much of north and south america the ring finger is most commonly associated with wedding symbolism.
Monger also believes americans continue to wear their wedding rings on the left hand as a matter of convenience as well as tradition. A wedding ring or altar ring is a symbol of marriage bonds fidelity and devotion to a partner. They believed the left hand was unhappy and unreliable for many years it has been customary in india to wear rings only on the right hand because the left hand was considered impure nowadays it s permitted to wear wedding rings on any hand.
In general though there are no hard and fast rules to follow so choose whichever finger works best for your ring. When the wedding is done she can then put it on the ring finger of the same hand. While your wedding ring finger is traditionally on your right hand some cultures wear wedding rings on their right index finger.
- Wedding Decorations Uk Cheap
- Wedding Dress Designer That Starts With A P
- Wedding Dress Dry Cleaning North Vancouver
- Wedding Dress Dry Cleaning Liverpool
- Wedding Dress Back Accessories
- Wedding Dress Designer Nyc
- Wedding Dress Dry Cleaning Frankston
- Wedding Decorations Youtube
- Wedding Dress Bride And Co
- Wedding Dress Designer Top 10
- Wedding Diamond Rings Wholesale
- Wedding Dress Designer Tlc
- Wedding Dress Designer Germany
- Wedding Dress Bridal Shower Game
- Wedding Dress Designer Gets Married
- Wedding Decorations York
- Wedding Dress Dry Cleaners Redditch
- Wedding Decorations Yellow And Blue
- Wedding Dress Designer Philippines
- Wedding Dress Designer Egypt